Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sabah Day 2 Part 1

I was desperately finding for this famous Sinsuran Sang Yuk Mee that Caroline told me about. But then I couldn’t find any so we end up having our breakfast here. The food here is just so so but the kolo mee is still not bad. Then we head to the Filipino Market nearby. Here are some of the shots over there.

PC090561

PC090555

PC090562

DSC_3228

DSC_3251

Next, we head to Mari-Mari Cultural Village. Honestly speaking, some of us are quite sceptical whether is it worth paying RM100 per person for a trip towards there including transportation. However, we found out that the entrance fee was actually RM75 per person and we get to use the transport whole day. So the RM100 is actually quite well spent in a way.

DSC_3266

DSC_3309

DSC_3326

DSC_3332

DSC_3333

Upon entering this Mari-Mari Cultural Village, I was (forced) elected to be the chief of the pack. My duties include meeting the chief of Mari-Mari Cultural Village to announce our arrival and also make peace with them. We are given a “warm” welcome ceremony here.

DSC_3370

DSC_3398

DSC_3422

Initially we are shocked by the constant shouting and yelling the chief did towards me. It’s some sort of their way of saying hello I was informed. My aunt was shocked till the point she thought everything was real. Hey, not meant to be rude, but I believe we don’t pay RM100 to get kicked out just by entering there. So obviously it was an act.

DSC_3479

DSC_3486

DSC_3644

DSC_3580

 

We are briefed with every single type of traditional houses and also tribes there. We learned about their culture and tradition.

DSC_3376

DSC_3525

DSC_3522

DSC_3660

And my favourite part of the day, getting a tattoo! This tattoo is usually done by them to symbolize status and power. So what did I got? The symbol of Chief of the Pack!

DSC_3680

DSC_3688

DSC_3690

Me and my bad ass tattoo!! WOOHOO!!!

Then we are entertained with several performances.

DSC_3722

DSC_3723

DSC_3726

DSC_3733

DSC_3737

DSC_3764

DSC_3763

DSC_3765

We are served with lunch and I got to say, the food is actually not bad. That’s all for now. There will be more regarding this trip so stay tuned.

I heard something stupid actually from a tourist. She said this. “Wah, cannot believe they can make this rope(handmade by them). So strong ah. Our modern day also don’t think can make as strong. Must really respect them from now on.

What? You can’t respect them at first? They do survive without any modern technology you know? Quite ignorant to me. And funny as well…LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails